Happy New Year!! A lot has happened in 2022 for Pacific Ropes, and having our newly renovated and large space gives us the ability to host more sessions that complement or support rope access and rescue operations!
In addition to our weekly Rope Access Training, we are offering a 5-Day Confined Space and Rescue Course, during the week of January 23-27, 2023. Read below to see what our new Confined Space Rescue Course covers!
Confined Space and Rescue Course
We are proud to provide new our 5-day Confined Space and Rescue Course with special pricing for $995! This course is according to the NFPA 1006 standard, and is a comprehensive 40-hour course on high-angle rope rescue and confined space rescue. On completion of the course, you will receive a level 1 certification. The dates are January 23-27, 2023. There is a limited number of spots available, so register soon!
- Safety Precautions
- Regulations Overview
- Rope Analysis
- Anchoring and Rigging
- Safety Line Belay
- Belaying a Falling Load
- Patient Packaging
- Tied Full-Body Harnesses
- Mechanical Advantage (Simple and Compound)
- Lowering Systems
- Hauling Systems
- Litter Rigging
- Low Point Litter Raises (Pick and Pivot)
- Tripod Operations
- Rescue from Fall Protection
- Helicopter Operations Awareness
- Incident Command Overview
- Priority Action Plan Development
- Worksafe BC Confined Space Awareness
- Elevated Rescue Scenarios
- Confined Space Scenarios (Non-IDLH)
- Written Test
- On-Air IDLH Scenarios (SAR vs SCBA)
Wishing you a safe and happy Christmas season from us here at Pacific Ropes! Hope to see you in the New Year!