Hello! We are Pacific Ropes! We help construction and energy companies get to hard to reach areas via our services, training, and equipment retail sales. Currently, we're looking for a wonderful Customer Service Representative and Office Assistant to help us at our Burnaby training location and equipment store.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be the primary point of contact for our valued customers and students. Your role is to provide exceptional customer support, address inquiries, resolve complaints, and ensure customer satisfaction. You will work closely with various departments to resolve issues and maintain a positive brand image.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Engage with customers via phone, email, or chat in a professional and friendly manner.
- Greet and assist visitors, clients, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Respond to customer/student inquiries regarding products, services, orders, billing, training, and general company information.
- Provide accurate and timely information to customers while maintaining a high level of product/service knowledge.
- Assist customers with product selection, order processing, and tracking.
- Process student registrations.
- Handle customer complaints and issues, escalating complex problems to the appropriate department when necessary.
- Work closely with the sales team to assist with upselling and cross-selling opportunities.
- Maintain customer records and update databases with relevant information.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure consistent and efficient customer support.
- Strive to achieve customer satisfaction targets and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve customer service processes and procedures.
- Prepare course materials before each training session.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and equipment orders including deliveries and package tracking.
- Assist Office Manager in maintaining office equipment, bathroom supplies, and kitchen supplies.
- Assist in managing office supplies, inventory, and ordering new materials when necessary.
- Maintain office cleanliness and tidiness, ensuring a presentable workspace.
- Perform general office duties such as photocopying, filing, data entry, and scanning.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college education preferred.
- Previous customer service experience is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude when dealing with challenging situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle a high volume of customer interactions.
- Proficiency in using customer support software, CRM systems, and other relevant tools.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes and learn new processes quickly.
- Super-duper at paying attention to deal.
- Friendly and can easily engage in conversation with our students, clients, and suppliers.
- Can set goals and process to achieve the goals.
- Understands the concept of prioritizing and can be efficient in it during strict deadlines.
- Can understand the bigger picture and how each of the small tasks fits into that bigger picture.
- Professional and organized.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Can work well alone, self-motivated.
- Exceptional research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person