We are providing a series of videos that focus on maneuvers that require a bit of attention for both students and technicians! Assessments and evaluations for Level 3 IRATA and Level 2 SPRAT test your knowledge, competence, and comprehension for rescues with a casualty. This particular video demonstrates how to lower a casualty from an aid rescue. Visit our YouTube Channel for a wealth of information that helps you gain knowledge, or to refresh your current skills for recertifying or upgrading!
Key tips and takeaways:
- L2 and L3 candidates must be able to demonstrate the rescue of a suspended casualty on work-positioning lanyards
- Rescuers must have sufficient equipment for: climbing to casualty, lowering casualty and/or descending with casualty to safe location
- SPRAT requires rescuer to demonstrate how to pick casualty onto rescuer to lower and descend together at a designated location
- Candidates only need to demonstrate one climbing rescue during the assessment
- Build your rescue kit on the ground
- Putting backup line furthest from you, and maintaining mainline closer to you, will help with rope management, and optimize hauling and lowering the casualty
- Rope management may take time, but it is essential in aid rescue to ensure the safety and efficiency of task at hand
Use these videos to study and gain comprehension for yourself. We provide them because we want to support our students' success, but also feel that creating great educational material creates great and competent technicians.
Because these maneuvers are ones you may not often be utilizing, book a refresher or an open gym (Next one: May 4th, 3-6 pm, $25) with us to practice them! Both options are great for ensuring you stay on top of your skills for your recertification or upgrade!!
Remember: For every recent or upgrade training session booked get a FREE Refresher day the week before! Don't miss out on that opportunity to ensure your success. Ask us about it when you register!