We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Confined Space Rescue Technician to join our safety and emergency response team. The Confined Space Rescue Technician will play a critical role in ensuring the safety of personnel working in confined spaces, such as tanks, silos, tunnels, and other enclosed areas where the risk of injury or entrapment is high. As a key member of the team, the technician will be responsible for planning and executing rescue operations in confined spaces while adhering to strict safety protocols and standards.
We will be providing free rope access training and other certifications for all successful candidates!
- Confined Space Assessment: Conduct thorough assessments of confined spaces to identify potential hazards, atmospheric conditions, and structural integrity. Use specialized equipment to determine the suitability of entry and develop appropriate rescue plans.
- Rescue Plan Development: Collaborate with the safety team to develop comprehensive rescue plans for each confined space entry situation. Create detailed strategies for evacuation, extraction, and emergency medical treatment if necessary.
- Equipment Maintenance: Regularly inspect, maintain, and ensure the readiness of all rescue equipment, including ropes, harnesses, pulleys, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas detectors, and communication devices.
- Risk Management: Assess and manage potential risks associated with confined space rescue operations. Continuously monitor hazards during rescue operations and adapt plans as needed to ensure the safety of both victims and rescuers.
- Training and Preparedness: Conduct training sessions for employees and team members on confined space safety procedures, rescue techniques, and the proper use of rescue equipment. Ensure all team members are adequately prepared to respond to emergencies.
- Emergency Response: Respond promptly and efficiently to confined space emergencies. Perform confined space rescues while maintaining clear communication with team members and coordinating efforts with external emergency services when necessary.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of confined space assessments, rescue plans, training activities, and rescue operations. Prepare detailed incident reports and participate in post-incident debriefings.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay updated with relevant safety regulations, industry best practices, and confined space standards. Ensure compliance with OSHA, NFPA, and other applicable regulations. Conduct thorough assessments of confined spaces to identify hazards and atmospheric conditions.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Additional certifications in confined space rescue, technical rescue, or related fields are highly desirable.
- Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in confined space rescue operations or a related emergency response field.
- Technical Skills: Proficient in using specialized rescue equipment and tools, including ropes, harnesses, SCBA, gas detectors, and communication devices. Familiarity with rigging techniques and medical response is an advantage.
- Physical Fitness: Must be in good physical condition and capable of performing strenuous rescue activities in confined spaces.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently during high-stress situations.
- Problem-Solving: Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to adapt to dynamic rescue situations and overcome obstacles effectively.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and follow instructions from team leaders during rescue operations.
- Commitment to Safety: Demonstrated commitment to safety practices and a proactive approach to ensuring the well-being of all team members and victims.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- technician: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-08-08