CARPENTERS (Construction Skills Required)
Join Pacific Ropes – Where Your Career Reaches New Heights!
Are you ready to embark on a thrilling journey with an innovative and dynamic rope access contracting company? At Pacific Ropes, we are on the lookout for talented, passionate, and adventurous individuals like you to join our exceptional team.
As a rapidly growing company, we take immense pride in providing top-notch rope access contracting services to a diverse range of industries. From construction and infrastructure projects to industrial maintenance and specialized access solutions, we've been at the forefront of delivering safe and efficient solutions at great heights and challenging environments.
Safety is at the heart of what we do, and we invest heavily in the training and certifications of our team members to ensure the highest standards are maintained. Your well-being is our priority, and we provide you with state-of-the-art equipment and cutting-edge techniques to tackle even the most complex tasks with confidence.
We are looking for CARPENTERS with construction skills to join our construction teams. Our company performs work at height, so this job is appropriate for candidates who enjoy heights. In this role, you'll be responsible for ensuring site safety and for the successful completion of the project to the satisfaction of the client. The construction carpenters will be working under the supervision of an IRATA L3 Supervisor on various worksites throughout BC.
Successful candidates must have experience in the construction industry. We will provide free IRATA Rope Access training to the successful candidates. Applicants with certifications in Confined Spaces Training, Fall Protection, and WHMIS will be given preference.
Responsibilities at height or on ground level include but aren’t limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints, construction plans, and technical drawings.
- Measure, cut, shape, and assemble wood and other materials to construct various structures and components on the construction site.
- Use hand and power tools such as saws, hammers, drills, levels, and measuring tapes to carry out carpentry tasks.
- Follow building codes, safety regulations, and project specifications to maintain a safe working environment and comply with standards.
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of tools and equipment, reporting any issues or malfunctions.
- Keep the work area clean and organized, minimizing hazards and optimizing productivity.
- Work efficiently and meet project deadlines while maintaining high-quality workmanship.
- Adapt to changes in project requirements and overcome on-site challenges as they arise.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and team members to report progress, challenges, and potential solutions.
- Uphold professional behavior and a positive attitude while representing the construction company or contractor.
- Installing anchor bolts, steel plates, and other fixtures in various materials.
- Familiar with all types of concrete finishing, including but not limited to brushed, exposed, stamped, polished, stairs, walls, saw cutting.
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis.
- Perform other activities as directed.
- Complete task hazard assessments and maintain a safe work environment.
- Loading and unloading construction materials and moving them to work areas.
- Installing and removing concrete forms, ramps, catwalks, and barricades at construction sites.
- Performs scope of work to completion and satisfaction of the client.
- Maintain personal kit equipment and conduct equipment checks on a regular basis.
- Maintain and utilize group work equipment effectively, minimizing and preventing damage.
- Assist in the setup and takedown of personal and group equipment at each job site.
- Evaluate the environment to identify and assess work problems and create solutions to improve productivity and product quality.
- Be responsible for personal safety and the safety of coworkers.
- Follow and abide by the method of work for each scope of work.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work with other subcontractors.
- Attend daily safety meetings to review the daily Field Level Risk Assessments. Sign off on the daily FLRA’s.
- Review and sign off on the Master Risk Assessment and Method Statement for each job site.
- Review and sign off on the Rope Access Work and Rescue Plan for each job site.
- Understand the hazards and controls of each job site.
- Follow and abide by the regulations in the Pacific Ropes Contracting Employee Manual.
- Read and follow the Pacific Ropes Rope Access Operating Procedures.
- Complete daily tasks in the allotted time frame.
- Be a good representative of Pacific Ropes on site to clients and the general public.
- Identify and report to the supervisor any unsafe practices at work and/or any damage.
- May perform other job duties as required.
- Proven experience as a carpenter or completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools relevant to carpentry work.
- Strong knowledge of carpentry techniques, joinery, and construction processes.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and blueprints accurately.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift heavy materials and work in various weather conditions.
- Detail-oriented with an eye for precision and aesthetics.
- Time management skills to complete projects within deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and adaptability to address on-site challenges.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and the ability to implement safety protocols.
- Strong general construction skills and experience working with a variety of construction tools.
- Not afraid to work at height.
- Active and quick learner who takes initiative in learning and acquiring new skills.
- Strong analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action.
- Organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are completed on or ahead of time.
- Professional manner when interacting with clients and the general public.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of health and safety procedures and practices.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Sense of humor.
If this interests you, please send a cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person