Reference #: 2206_L1/L2IRATA
We are currently hiring casual IRATA L1 and L2 Rope Access Technicians. In this role, you'll be responsible for site safety and the successful completion of projects to the satisfaction of our clients. L2s will also be responsible for aiding L3 supervisors in managing teams. The Rope Access Technicians will be working under the supervision of an L3 Supervisor on various worksites in locations across BC.
Ideally you will have:
- L1 or L2 IRATA Certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Initiative to acquire new skills.
- Strong decision making skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- A professional manner when interacting with clients and the general public.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Physically and mentally fitness.
- Experience working on industrial worksites such as oil refineries
- Wide experience working with different trades and in different industries with rope access.
- Thorough understanding of health and safety procedures and practices
- The ability to see the bigger picture in order to help improve current processes, while adhering to company policies
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong customer service skills
- A sense of humour
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Performing scope of work to completion and satisfaction of the client.
- Maintenance of personal kit equipment and conducting equipment checks on a regular basis.
- Using work equipment properly and preventing damage.
- Assisting in set up and take down of personal and group equipment at each job site.
- Evaluating work environments to identify potential problems and create solutions to improve productivity and product quality.
- Responsibility for personal safety and safety of coworkers.
- Abiding by the planned methods for each scope of work.
- Making plans to meet work schedules and coordinating with other subcontractors.
- Attending daily safety meetings to review the Field Level Risk Assessments. Signing the daily FLRA’s.
- Reviewing and signing the Master Risk Assessment and Method Statement for each job site.
- Reviewing and signing the Rope Access Work and Rescue Plan for each job site.
- Understanding the hazards and controls of each job site.
- Following the regulations outlined in the Pacific Ropes Contracting Employee Manual.
- Reading and follow the Pacific Ropes Rope Access Operating Procedures.
- Completing daily tasks in the allotted time frame.
- Being a good representative of Pacific Ropes on site to clients and the general public.
- Identifying and reporting any unsafe practices at work and/or any damage to the supervisor.
Compensation will be $30-37/h for L1 and $37-42 for L2. Successful candidates will provide availability a month in advance and we will notify you of available work during that time period. Casual workers often move into full time positions if desired.
If this position interests you, apply below. Please indicate the posting reference number in your application.