Reference #: 2206_L3IRATA
The L3 Rope Access Supervisor is responsible for leading teams on projects. They are experienced L3 technicians with leadership abilities and experience in the construction industry. They are safety conscious and are outstanding representatives for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Project Manager on scope of work, work progress, scheduling, paperwork, and other details of the job site.
- Work with the Project Manager to complete work scopes on time and within the budget
- Mobilize and demobilize contracts
- Coordinate communication with the team, Project Manager, and client.
- Ensure productivity of team members.
- Manage and supervise your rope access teams to ensure safety and efficiency on site
- Monitor, train and mentor new trainees.
- Managing any conflict resolution within your teams
- Managing rope access equipment on site and in the warehouse
- Ensure all rope access operations are performed according to company standards, IRATA standards, and WorksafeBC regulation.
- Lead daily safety meetings to review the daily Field Level Risk Assessments.
- Ensure all crew members and relevant subcontractors understand and sign the daily FLRA’s.
- Create the Master Risk Assessment and Method Statement (RAMS) for each job site.
- Review the RAMS with all crew members and relevant subcontractors; ensure everyone understands and signs the RAMS.
- Create the Rope Access Work and Rescue Plan for each job site.
- Review the Work and Rescue Plan with all crew members and relevant subcontractors; ensure everyone understands and signs the plan.
- Identify all the hazards and controls of each job site before the job and while job is in progress.
- Follow the regulations in the Pacific Ropes Contracting Employee Manual.
- Read and follow the Pacific Ropes Rope Access Operating Procedures.
- Report daily operations and updates back to Project Manager/Office.
- Take all steps necessary to ensure a safe work site and ensure safety hazards are dealt with to prevent any injuries.
- Evaluate the environment to identify and assess work problems and create solutions to improve productivity and product quality.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co‐ordinate work with other subcontractors.
- Liaise with clients on the job site. Attend client meetings when necessary
- Be a positive representative of Pacific Ropes on site to clients and the general public.
- Monitor and observe workers to ensure they are fit to perform work.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of rope access work
- Strong knowledge of the IRATA ICOP, TACS, and SPRAT Safe Practices
- Strong knowledge of current Worksafe BC regulations
- Well versed in safety with an excellent safety record.
- A leader with ability to engage and inspire team members; passion for leading
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Active and quick learner who takes initiative in learning and acquiring new skills.
- Strong analytical, judgment and decision making skills in order to choose the most appropriate course of action.
- Organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are completed on or ahead of time.
- Professional manner when interacting with clients and the general public.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Attention to detail
- Supervisory experience
- Wide experience working with different trades and in different industries with rope access
- Ability to see the bigger picture in order to help improve current processes
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Sense of humour
- Ability to stay calm during stressful situations
- L3 IRATA Certification
- OFA 1 Certification minimum
- Recent and extensive rope access experience.
- Construction experience is preferred.
- Construction certifications (WHMIS, Fall Protection, First Aid, HILTI, SSI, etc.) are an asset but not necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Compensation will be $43/h for L3 Technicians and $48 for L3 Supervisors. Successful candidates will provide availability a month in advance and we will notify you of available work during that time period. Casual workers often move into full time positions if desired.
If this position interests you, apply below. Please indicate the posting reference number in your application.