Position: IRATA L1 or L2 Rope Techs
Pacific Ropes is seeking dedicated and skilled IRATA L1 and L2 Rope Access Technicians to join our team. As a Rope Access Technician, you will play a crucial role in advancing the rope access industry while ensuring site safety and delivering successful project completion to meet client satisfaction. L2 Technicians will also assist L3 supervisors in managing teams. This position will require working under the supervision of an L3 Supervisor on various worksites located in remote areas throughout British Columbia.
- Valid IRATA L1 or L2 Certification.
- Experience in a trade
- Extensive knowledge of rope access work and proficiency in SPRAT/IRATA standards and regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety with an outstanding safety record.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proactive and enthusiastic learner, always seeking opportunities to acquire new skills.
- Excellent analytical, judgment, and decision-making abilities to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to ensure timely project completion.
- Professional demeanor when interacting with clients and the general public.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Physical and mental fitness.
- Experience working on industrial worksites, particularly in oil refineries.
- Broad experience collaborating with different trades and industries using rope access.
- Comprehensive understanding of health and safety procedures and practices.
- Adherence to procedures while also having the capability to identify areas for process improvement.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sense of humor.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Successfully complete assigned scopes of work to the satisfaction of the client.
- Regularly inspect and maintain personal kit equipment, conducting equipment checks.
- Effectively use and preserve group work equipment, minimizing damage.
- Assist in the setup and takedown of personal and group equipment at each job site.
- Identify and assess work problems, proposing solutions to enhance productivity and product quality.
- Maintain personal safety as well as the safety of colleagues.
- Adhere to the specified method of work for each scope of work.
- Develop strategies to meet work schedules and coordinate with other subcontractors.
- Attend daily safety meetings, participate in the review of daily Field Level Risk Assessments, and sign off on them.
- Review and provide sign-off on the Master Risk Assessment and Method Statement for each job site.
- Review and sign off on the Rope Access Work and Rescue Plan for each job site.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of hazards and control measures at each job site.
- Comply with the regulations outlined in the Pacific Ropes Contracting Employee Manual.
- Read and adhere to the Pacific Ropes Rope Access Operating Procedures.
- Complete assigned tasks within the designated time frame.
- Act as a professional representative of Pacific Ropes to clients and the general public while on site.
- Identify and report any unsafe practices or damages to the supervisor.
- Perform other job duties as required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour