We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our team as a Senior
Safety Trainer/Course Developer. As the Senior Safety Trainer/Course Developer, you
will play a vital role in the creation, implementation, and updating of our safety
programs, with a specific focus on Fall Protection, Tower Climbing and Rescue, and
NFPA 1006 topics such as Confined Space and High Angle Rescue.
● Develop and design comprehensive safety training programs in compliance with
industry standards and regulations.
● Collaborate with subject matter experts to create engaging and effective course
materials, including presentations, training manuals, videos, and interactive
● Continuously update existing safety programs to incorporate new information,
industry best practices, and emerging trends.
● Conduct training sessions and workshops for employees, ensuring a thorough
understanding of safety procedures, equipment usage, and emergency protocols.
● Mentor and provide guidance to a team of trainers, assisting them in delivering
high-quality safety training.
● Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and methodologies in safety
training, and recommend innovative approaches to enhance our programs.
● Assist in the evaluation and assessment of training effectiveness, making
necessary adjustments to improve outcomes.
● A solid background in safety training, specifically in Fall Protection, Tower
Climbing and Rescue, and NFPA 1006 topics like Confined Space and High
● Proven experience in developing and implementing safety training programs
within the industry.
● Strong knowledge of relevant safety regulations, standards, and best practices.
● Excellent instructional design skills, with the ability to create engaging and
interactive course materials.
● Experience in mentoring and guiding a team of trainers.
● Flexibility and adaptability to work with existing programs while being open to
incorporating new methodologies.
● Effective communication and presentation skills.
● Education or certification in a related field is preferred.
Note: While it is desirable to have a candidate with a background as a senior, semi-
retired firefighter, we welcome applications from individuals with relevant expertise and
experience in safety training and course development.
If you are passionate about safety training, possess excellent instructional design skills,
and are eager to contribute to a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply. Join our
organization and make a meaningful impact on the safety and well-being of our
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and
experience in safety training and course development to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pacific Ropes is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed
to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40.00-$50.00 per hour
● Casual dress
● Dental care
● Employee assistance program
● Extended health care
● Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
● French not required
● 10 hour shift
● 12 hour shift
● 8 hour shift
● Day shift
● Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
● Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
● Burnaby, BC V3N 5G2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work
Work Location: In person